Write Your Life as a Woman
online community writing classes
with T. Dean Adams
“Need a nudge to get those creative juices flowing? Women looking for a casual, creative environment where they can share their words would do well to sign up for this motivating and positive experience.” – Austin Chronicle
“Pencil in some time for yourself… participants de-stress, remember past experiences,
and look toward the future.” – The State
Click here to sign up for future class and retreat announcements!
Classes can customized for your special group of family, friends, or team building.
Email for more information.
Stay tuned for retreats and in-person classes!
Gentle guidance to follow your heart, reconnect with your voice and clarify intentions.
In the style of journal writing workshops, and expressive writing,
we write by hand, pen on paper, in response to readings and prompts.
What happens in class…
- Each writer makes a commitment to follow the class contract. View it here.
- Though we are connected online – we write by hand with pen or pencil on paper. Old school.
- We write in response to prompts and read out loud in class. However, you can always “pass” and no one will mind a bit. (Bullies do not take this class. Only really nice people take this class.)
- Even if you don’t like to write, don’t worry… words will be spilling out of you right away… it’s magical.
- With a focus on the process and experience of writing, there is no critiquing – only gentle encouragement in a non-academic, creative environment. No writing experience is necessary.
- Guaranteed good for the head and heart.
Write Your Project
* NEW! 8-week online series based on Write Your Life as a Woman
Based on the Write Your Life as a Woman format, we write by hand in response to readings and prompts, and then we read out loud. In Write Your Project the guided, live online writing sessions support beginning, continuing or finishing a project.
Examples of projects: establishing new lifestyle habits like exercise or healthier food choices; writing projects like fiction, non-fiction, journal writing or a daily writing practice; developing a podcast; small business launches; career changes; exploring spirituality; or …whatever you need support developing or maintaining.
- Support for your project: inspiration, accountability, creative community
- Gentle guidance for exploring blocks, finding resources, clarifying intentions and goals, setting schedules, tracking progress and celebrating successes
- Weekly writing and homework
- A private online space to share work for feedback (at your comfort level)
- Future access to class notes
- Discounts on products and additional workshops, events, and coaching sessions
Tuesdays, 12pm ET – 2pm ET (Find your time zone.)
Session 1: January 4 – February 22
Session 2: March 8 – April 26
Session 3: May 10 – June 28
Socially Conscious Pricing for 8-week series:
(You choose! No questions asked.)
$250 Scholarship level / $450 Market value / $500 Support level
Payment plan of two payments available.
Register by making a payment by PayPal or Venmo and include a note of your class day/time selection. Space is limited to six participants per class. After you have registered, you’ll receive an email confirmation with information to access the portal with class lessons and the zoom link. Email me with any questions!
“A rainy Sunday writing class with Dean at The Writing Barn felt like a beautifully wrapped Tiffany-colored box gift to myself.” – Kelley Burrus, conference planner
“I loved Dean’s writing workshop “Write Your Life As A Woman.” It became a weekly ritual that I looked forward to … I loved this format of class – no critiquing, no judging – just writing and sharing. I would take it again!” – Suzanna Choffel, singer/songwriter
“Dean’s class helped me get more in touch with my writing, my life direction and a lot of kick ass females. I recommend this class to anyone looking for a little pick-me-up in the soul department.” – Laura, 28, engineer/writer/blogger
“… learning how to allow all of my thoughts and words to reach the paper without judging them… This class has been such an amazing experience and I am looking forward to seeing how this affects my songwriting as well.” – Vanessa Lively, singer/songwriter, artist
“… tapped into parts of me that were long dormant. Opened doors of creativity and intuitiveness I didn’t know I had. The class allowed me to be me.” – Leigh, pharmaceutical sales rep
“.. more confidence and faith in myself, in others and in the world in general. It was a true blessing.” – Catherine, tech writer